OKS 479 – High-Temperature Grease for Food Processing Technology
OKS 479 is a fully synthetic grease for food processing technology that is used to lubricate rolling and friction bearings as well as other machine elements under increased operating temperatures.Find a dealer
Areas of application
- Lubrication of rolling and friction bearings, joints, linear drives, guides
- For the lubrication of fittings, seals, moulded parts and elements of elastic rubber materials in the hot- and cold-water segment
Advantages and benefits
- NSF H1 registered
- Can be used universally due to good high-temperature properties, long-term lubricating effect and good adhesive strength on metal surfaces
- Resistant to hot and cold water, water vapour, watery-alkaline and acidic disinfectants and cleaning agents
- High resistance to oxidation and ageing
- lower operating temperature: -35 °C (≤ 1,400 hPa)
- upper operating temperature: 120 °C (F50 (A/1500/6000), > 100h)
- consistency: 1 NLGI grade (DIN ISO 2137)
- viscosity at (40°C): 360 mm²/s (base oil)
Clean the lubricating points well for optimal effect. Before filling for first time, remove anti-corrosion agent. Fill the bearing such that all functional surfaces are certain of being greased. Fill normal bearings up to about 1/3 of the free space inside the bearing. Low-speed bearings (DN value below 50,000) and their housings should be filled completely. In as far as available, the bearing and machine manufacturer's instructions should be observed. Subsequent lubrication at the lubrication nipples by grease gun or by automatic lubrication system. Assess the lubrication frequency and quantity on the basis of the service conditions. If old grease cannot be removed, restrict the quantity of grease so as to avoid over-lubricating the bearing. If lubrication frequencies tend to be low, you should aim for a full grease change. Caution: Only mix with suitable lubricants.
No matter what industry you come from, we at OKS have the right solution for you.