Areas of application
- Grease lubrication of friction and rolling bearings in the high-temperature range up to 280°C
- Lubrication of tunnel kiln cars, baking, burn-in and drying furnaces, hot gas units, reaction vessels, boiler plants, roller and conveyor rollers in continuous furnaces, etc.
- Use at bearing points under influence of chemicals
- Lubrication of bearings under influence of fuel
Advantages and benefits
- Absolutely resistant to water and steam
- Resistant to solvents, for example benzene, benzol, acetone, trichloroethylene and against inorganic acids, for example sulphuric acid, hydrochloric acid and nitric acid as well as stearic acids, alcohols and halogens
- Broad range of applications above the temperature limits of other lubricating greases
- Excellent wear protection
- Reduced maintenance and lubricant costs due to possible lifetime lubrication
- Excellent plastic and elastomer compatibility
- lower operating temperature: -40 °C (< 1,400 hPa)
- upper operating temperature: 280 °C (F50 (A/1500/6000), 100h)
- consistency: 2 NLGI grade (DIN ISO 2137)
- viscosity at (40°C): 390 mm²/s (base oil)
- four-ball test rig welding load: 9,000 N
Thorough cleaning of the bearings from other lubricants, for example with OKS 2610/OKS 2611 universal cleaning agent is imperative. Subsequently blow out with dry air. Before filling for first time, remove anti-corrosion agent. Fill the bearing such that all functional surfaces are certain of being greased. Fill bearings running slowly completely, fill high-speed bearings (DN value > 150,000) only up to about 2/3 of the free space inside the bearing. The bearing and machine manufacturer's instructions should be observed. Specify the relubrication frequency and quantity on the basis of the conditions of use. If old grease cannot be removed, restrict the quantity of grease so as to avoid overlubricating the bearing. Only mix with suitable lubricants.
No matter what industry you come from, we at OKS have the right solution for you.