Areas of application
- Gearbox lubrication of heavily loaded, relatively slow-running toothed gearing when grease is used instead of oil due to leaks
- For heavily loaded and impact-loaded drives
- Chain lubrication, e.g. of hollow-pin chains in the conveyance and transport sector, for exposure to water and steam and at higher operating temperatures
- Bearing lubrication of friction and rolling bearings in annealing yards and drying systems, manipulators and robots, cooling-bed and conveyor systems, machines in food packing industry, steam sterilisers etc.
Advantages and benefits
- Excellently suited for corrosive operating conditions with high operating temperatures and high pressure and impact loads
- Economical due to optimised formula
- Enables wear reduction, decreasing failure times and enabling long-term lubrication
- Long-acting, highly adhesive, temperature-stable and waterproof, noise-damping, impact and pressure resistant
- Operating temperature: -10 °C → +160 °C
- NLGI grade: 1-2
- DN factor (dm x n): 300,000 mm/min
- Base oil viscosity (40 °C): 490 mm²/s
For best results clean the lubricating point carefully. Clean with solvents like OKS 2610/OKS 2611 Universal Cleaner. Remove the corrosion protection ahead of the initial filling. Fill the bearings in a way that all the functional surfaces for sure get the grease. Slow moving bearings(DN-value < 50,000) should be filled completely, normal moving bearings should be filled to 1/3 of the free inner housing space. Observe the instructions of the bearing or machine manufacturer. Relubrication with a grease gun on to the grease nipples or with an automatic lubrication system. Relubrication intervals and amount to be defined acc. to the service conditions. If the removal of the old grease is not possible the amount of grease has to be limited to avoid excess lubrication of the bearing. At longer relubrication intervals a complete exchange of the old grease is recommended. Only mix with appropriate lubricants
No matter what industry you come from, we at OKS have the right solution for you.