Areas of application
- Lubrication of temperature-stressed machine parts, e.g. rolling bearings, friction bearings, slideways, chains, rollers or moving parts in hot forming, heat treatment or drying
- Dry lubrication, e.g. of kiln and rack-truck bearings, bearings of pouring ladles, converters or hot-air blowers at temperatures over 250°C
- Lubrication of plastic and rubber at normal temperature when the materials concerned are not resistant to mineral oil
Advantages and benefits
- Highly effective due to the strong affinity of the MoS₂ for metals
- Extremely low friction at highest loading capability
- Broad range of applications at temperatures up to 200°C as paste, over 200°C to 450°C as dry lubricant
- Resistant to water, fuels and lubricants, chemicals and hydraulic fluids
- lower operating temperature: -35 °C
- upper operating temperature: 180 °C / 450 °C (lubrication / separation)
- press-fit test (μ): 0,11, no chatter
- four-ball test rig welding load: 3,200 N
- thread friction coefficient (μ total): 0.1 (screw ISO 4017 M10x55-8.8 black-oxide, nut ISO 4032 M10-10 black-oxide)
For best adhesion, clean the threads and sliding surfaces from dirt and other lubricants. Best way is to clean mechanically first and then with OKS 2610 or OKS 2611 universal cleaner. Apply paste evenly thin onto the sliding areas with brush, spatula, etc. Remove excessing paste. When used for rolling bearings, dab paste in small amount with brush on sliding surface and spin the bearing several times. In operation, relubricate with OKS 310 MoS₂ High-temperature lubricant. Do not use paste instead of grease and only mix with appropriate lubricants.
No matter what industry you come from, we at OKS have the right solution for you.