Areas of application
- Lubrication of heavy loaded toothed gears and worm gears exposed to outdoor conditions and/or low temperatures, as well as tilted or vertical shafts, especially with gear designs which are not oil-tight
- Lubrication of friction bearings with minimal bearing clearance or high circumferential speeds
Advantages and benefits
- Long-term lubrication due to excellent resistance to oxidation and ageing
- Wear reduction at maximum loading
- Prevents leakage with angled or vertical shafts due to good adhesion on metallic surfaces
- Flowing structure prevents grooving in gear units with continuous coverage of surfaces
- lower operating temperature: -30 °C (≤ 1,400 hPa)
- upper operating temperature: 120 °C (F50 (A/1500/6000), 100h)
- consistency: 00 NLGI grade (DIN ISO 2137)
- viscosity at (40°C): 120 mm²/s (base oil)
- four-ball test rig welding load: 3,000 N
For best results clean the lubricating point carefully, e.g. with OKS 2610/OKS 2611 Universal Cleaner. Remove the corrosion protection before initial filling. Fill the gear in a way that all the functional surfaces for sure transport the grease. Observe the instructions of the bearing or machine manufacturer. Relubrication with an automatic lubrication system or, if necessary, with a brush or spatula. Relubrication intervals and amount to be defined acc. to the service conditions. If the removal of the old grease is not possible the amount of grease has to be limited to avoid excess lubrication of the gear. At longer relubrication intervals a complete exchange of the old grease is recommended. Mix with appropriate lubricants only.
No matter what industry you come from, we at OKS have the right solution for you.