Areas of application
- Lubrication of roller and plain bearings as well as of threaded spindles, gearwheels, worms and similar components
- Lubrication of spindle bearings in machine tools
Advantages and benefits
- Allows high machine service lives due to low-wear operation and low lubrication frequencies
- Outstanding resistance in a wide temperature range, at high stresses and surface slide speeds as well as at vibrations
- Resistant to cold and hot water
- Excellent wear protection
- lower operating temperature: -40 °C (≤ 1,400 hPa)
- upper operating temperature: 140 °C (F50 (A/1500/6000), 100h)
- consistency: 2 NLGI grade (DIN ISO 2137)
- viscosity at (40°C): 50 mm²/s (base oil)
- four-ball test rig welding load: 3,400 N
For highest effectiveness carefully clean the lubrication point, for example with OKS 2610/OKS 2611 universal cleaner. Before filling a bearing for first time, remove anti-corrosion agent. Fill the bearing such that all functional surfaces are certain of being greased. Fill normal bearings up to about 1/3 of the free space inside the bearing, high-speed bearings (DN value above 400,000) up to about 1/4. Low-speed bearings (DN value below 50,000) and their housings should be filled completely. In as far as available, the bearing and machine manufacturer's instructions should be observed. Subsequent lubrication at the lubrication nipples by grease gun or by automatic lubrication system. Assess the lubrication frequency and quantity on basis of service conditions. If old grease cannot be removed, restrict the quantity of grease so as to avoid overlubricating the bearing. If lubrication frequencies tend to be low, you should aim for a full grease change. Caution: Only mix with suitable lubricants.
No matter what industry you come from, we at OKS have the right solution for you.