Areas of application
- Lubrication of open toothing, friction and rolling bearings, threaded spindles, hinges, guides on windlasses, ship´s cranes, underwater devices, offshore components or in wet areas of the textile industry
- Corrosion protection of moving parts subject to seawater in coastal and marine areas or constant influence of water
Advantages and benefits
- Excellently suited as a waterproof special grease above and under water
- Highly effective due to optimum wear and outstanding corrosion protection
- Economical due to combined protective effect
- lower operating temperature: -25 °C (≤ 1,400 hPa)
- upper operating temperature: 80 °C (F50 (A/1500/600), 100h)
- consistency: 1-2 NLGI grade (DIN ISO 2137)
- viscosity at (40°C): 100 mm²/s (base oil)
- four-ball test rig welding load: 3,000 N
For best results clean the lubricating point carefully. Clean with solvents like OKS 2610/OKS 2611 Universal Cleaner. Remove the corrosion protection ahead of the initial filling. Fill the bearings in a way that all the functional surfaces for sure get the grease. Slow moving bearings(DN-value < 50,000) should be filled completely, normal moving bearings should be filled to 1/3 of the free inner housing space. Observe the instructions of the bearing or machine manufacturer. Relubrication with a grease gun on to the grease nipples or with an automatic lubrication system. Relubrication intervals and amount to be defined acc. to the service conditions. If the removal of the old grease is not possible the amount of grease has to be limited to avoid excess lubrication of the bearing. At longer relubrication intervals a complete exchange of the old grease is recommended. Only mix with appropriate lubricants.
No matter what industry you come from, we at OKS have the right solution for you.