OKS 2521 – Gloss Zinc, spray
Decorative corrosion protection on the basis of zinc and aluminium powder as a second layer over zinc sprays (e.g. OKS 2511) for forming a weather-resistant surface with aluminium gloss.Find a dealer
Areas of application
- Repair of galvanising interrupted or damaged during welding, drilling or cutting without subsequent painting
- Suitable as a decorative glossier coating than at normal zinc sprays
Advantages and benefits
- Highly effective due to proven formula with high percentages of zinc and aluminium
- Combines outstanding zinc protection with decorative aluminium gloss
- Can be welded through well
- Economical due to low consumption and self-cleaning spray valve
- upper operating temperature: 250 °C
- salt spray test: 240 h (layer thickness 80-100 µm)
- optimal layer thickness: 30-40 µm (DIN 50 982-2)
For optimum effect, clean the surfaces. Best way is to clean mechanically first and then with OKS 2610/OKS 2611 universal cleaner. The surfaces to be treated must be bright metal and dry. Shake can for 2 minutes before use. Spray evenly and thinly from approx. 20-30 cm onto the prepared surface (1-2 cross-wise or circular movements). Avoid local excesses. Drying times as specified in the following technical data. Repeat the process for thicker layers. Do not apply at temperatures under +10°C and at relative humidity exceeding 80%.
No matter what industry you come from, we at OKS have the right solution for you.