Areas of application
- Assembly lubrication of screw connections of high-strength steel subject to high temperatures, corrosive influences in chemically aggressive environments, e.g. on gas and steam turbines in power plants, combustion engines, threads on pipe fittings, flange joints and fittings in superheated steam lines, exhaust pipe and combustion chamber screwed connections etc.
- Parting lubrication of materials with a tendency to seize up, e.g. V2A, V4A and high-temperature steels
Advantages and benefits
- Excellently suited for preventing seizing and binding
- Highly effective against corrosion affects
- Free of lead compounds, sulphides, chlorides and fluorides
- Operating temperature: -40 °C → +1,400 °C
- Press-fit: µ = 0.11, chatter from 4,000 N onwards
- Four-ball test rig (welding load): 4,400 N
- Thread friction (M10/8,8): µ total = 0.10
For best adhesion, clean the threads and sliding surfaces from dirt and other lubricants. Best way is to clean mechanically first and then with OKS 2610 or OKS 2611 universal cleaner. Apply paste evenly in sufficient amount onto head/nut support and thread or onto the sliding areas with brush, spatula, etc. Paste also takes over sealing properties. Do not use paste instead of grease and mix with appropriate lubricants only.
No matter what industry you come from, we at OKS have the right solution for you.