Areas of application
- Lubrication of sliding points between metals, plastics and elastomers to each other and with each other at low sliding speeds with an increased sealing effect, e.g. lubrication of O-rings in pneumatic systems of brake systems
Advantages and benefits
- Highly effective due to an optimum of highly adhesive silicone grease formula
- Broad range of uses outside normal grease performance range
- Broadband lubricating grease with good sealing properties
- Operating temperature: -65 °C → +175 °C
- NLGI grade: 2
- Base oil viscosity (25 °C): 100 mm²/s
For best results, clean lubricant points and surfaces carefully, e.g. with OKS 2610 or OKS 2611 universal cleaner. Remove the corrosion protection ahead of the initial filling. Fill the bearings in a way that all the functional surfaces for sure get the grease. Slow moving bearings(DN-value < 50,000) should be filled completely, normal moving bearings should be filled to 1/3 of the free inner housing space, high-speed bearings (DN value > 400,000) up to about 1/4. Observe the instructions of the bearing or machine manufacturer. Relubrication with a grease gun on to the grease nipples or with an automatic lubrication system. Relubrication intervals and amount to be defined acc. to the service conditions. If the removal of the old grease is not possible the amount of grease has to be limited to avoid excess lubrication of the bearing. At longer relubrication intervals a complete exchange of the old grease is recommended. Only mix with appropriate lubricants. Bearings filled with silicon grease must not have higher loads than 1/3rd of the bearing´s permitted load. Silicone-based plastics, e.g. silicone rubber, can be dissolved by silicone grease. Silicone grease must not be applied to sliding surfaces under influence of pure oxygen.
No matter what industry you come from, we at OKS have the right solution for you.