Areas of application
- Touching-up damaged points on galvanised surfaces, for example after welding, drilling or cutting processes
- Priming of ferrous metals when zinc galvanising cannot be carried out. For example, in vehicle and ship repairs, in steel building construction, civil engineering and bridge building, in tank and overhead line construction, on grids, fence and traffic signal posts, exhaust systems, drain gutters
- Also suitable for spot welding thanks to the good electrical conductivity
Advantages and benefits
- Highly effective due to active, cathodic corrosion protection
- Versatile use as durable corrosion protection at thermally stressed metal parts
- Highly economical due to low consumption and self-cleaning spray valve
- Supplements galvanising and forms a rough adhesive surface for subsequent painting
- upper operating temperature: 400 °C
- salt spray test: 700 h (layer thickness > 70 µm)
- optimal layer thickness: 60-80 µm (DIN 50 982-2)
For best adhesion, clean the surfaces. Best way is to clean mechanically first and then with OKS 2610/OKS 2611 universal cleaner. The surfaces to be treated must be bright metal and dry. Shake can for 2 minutes before use. Spray evenly and thinly from approx. 20-30 cm onto the prepared surface (1-2 cross-wise or circular movements). Avoid excesses. Drying times as specified in the following technical data. Repeat the application for thicker layers. Caution: Levelling out and filling not possible on OKS 2511. Process in a temperature range between 10°C and 27°C as well as a relative humidity of less than 80%. Spray valve empty upside down.
No matter what industry you come from, we at OKS have the right solution for you.