Areas of application
- Assembling screw threaded connections subjected to high temperatures and corrosive influences
- Screwed connections at pipe fittings, flange joints and fittings in superheated steam lines
- Combustion chamber screwed connections and mounting bolts of gas and oil burners
- Screwed connections at combustion engines, exhaust systems, silencers and exhaust gas pipe connections
Advantages and benefits
- Allows reliable non-destructive dismantling even after longer operating period under high operating and ambient temperatures
- Provides an optimal ratio of screw pretension and tightening torque
- Electrically conductive
- lower operating temperature: -30 °C
- upper operating temperature: 1100 °C (separation)
- press-fit test (μ): 0,12, no chatter
- four-ball test rig welding load: 2,800 N
- thread friction coefficient (μ total): 0.09 (screw ISO 4017 M10x55-8.8 black-oxide, nut ISO 4032 M10-10 black-oxide)
To achieve optimal adhesion clean the thread or the sliding surface first mechanically and then with OKS 2610/OKS 2611 universal cleaner to remove soiling as well as any lubricant residues. Use a brush, spatula or similar to apply a sufficient amount of paste to the head or nut contact surface and to the thread. Spray on evenly OKS 241 spray. The paste will also act as a sealant. Caution: Do not use paste instead of grease and mix only with suitable lubricants.
No matter what industry you come from, we at OKS have the right solution for you.