Areas of application
- Coating of threads of aluminum alloys, high-alloyed, galvanized and austenitic steels to reach controlled friction values during assembly and facilitate thread forming
- Prevents cold-fretting
Advantages and benefits
- Economical through low consumption (can be diluted with tap water)
- Does not contain any toxic components and is therefore sanitary harmless
- The water-soluble ingredients are biodegradable, the water-nonsoluble ingredients are ecologically neutral
- Forms a colourless, adhesive and tackfree sliding film after drying
- Includes an inhibitor, which prevents corrosion during the drying
- The coating can be checked easily through a fluorescent ingredient
- upper operating temperature: 70 °C
- thread friction coefficient (μ total): 0.06-0.15 (screw ISO 4017 M10x55-8.8 black-oxide, nut ISO 4032 M10-10 black-oxide)
For best results clean the surface, first mechanically and then with OKS 2610/ OKS 2611 Universal Cleaner. The surfaces to be coated have to be metallic blank and dry. The dilution with water up to 1:5 depends on the desired friction value. Stir well before use. The best application can be reached through dipping or spraying, sometimes through brushing an evenly thin film on the prepared surface. Observe the drying times according to the following technical data. Protect the containers from frost.
No matter what industry you come from, we at OKS have the right solution for you.