Areas of application
- For sliding properties improvement of machine parts, apparates and precision machinery, especially for microfinished surfaces
- For incorporation in plastics, sealings, packages, sintered metals and improvement of sliding properties
- For long-term or possibly lifetime-lubrication
Advantages and benefits
- Reduces friction and wear in a wide temperature range
- High effectiveness due to high affinity of MoS₂ to metals
- Low friction at highest load capacities
- Low consumption based on forming of extreme thin sliding films
- Not electrically conducting and not magnetic
- Chemically stable except against halogenated gases, concentrated sulphuric- and nitric acid
- Operating temperature: -185 °C → +450 °C (up to +1,100 °C in vacuum, up to +1,300 °C in inert gas)
- Particle size: 2.5 - 5.0 µm, max. 15 µm
For best adhesion, clean sliding surfaces. Best way is to clean mechanically first and then with OKS 2610 or OKS 2611 universal cleaner. Apply on small parts in series production by tumbling, under addition of small amounts powder and tumbling parts, until a complete MoS₂ film is formed. Brush the powder onto bigger surfaces. Addition of approx. 2-3% for self-lubricating material before forming.
No matter what industry you come from, we at OKS have the right solution for you.