When engineering graduate Friedrich Kuhn-Weiss founded OmniKote Spezialschmierstoffe GmbH in 1978, his aim was to minimise costs induced by lubrication problems by developing, producing and selling high-performance lubricants. As a pioneer of the MoS2 lubricant technology, he incorporated his extensive experience into the company. In 1981 the corporate name was changed to OKS Spezialschmierstoffe GmbH.
Since 2003, OKS Spezialschmierstoffe GmbH has been integrated in the internationl active Freudenberg Group. With more than 30,000 employees, the group generates revenues of over EUR 5 billion. As business unit of the Freudenberg Chemical Specialities FCS subgroup, OKS uses its comprehensive know-how and powers of innovation for the development of new products and the continued dynamic growth of the company. The FCS companies are market leaders in high-performance lubricants for industrial applications and release agents for the plastics, rubber, composite and metal casting industries.
OKS at a Glance:
- Founded: In 1978 by engineering Graduate F. Kuhn-Weiss
- Company profile: Development, production and sales of Speciality Lubricants and chemotechnical products for industrial maintenance
- Headquarters: Munich, Germany
- Sales: in over 50 countries worldwide
- Salespartners: over 400 technical retailers and mineral oil dealers
- Certifications: ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Affiliation: A company of the Freudenberg Group since 2003
- Member of: